Psalm 116 1-2
I love the Lord, for he heard my voice; he heard my cry for mercy.
Because he turned his ear to me, I will call on him as long as I live.

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Winter and Spring, new seasons

I love Spring! I come alive in the spring air, the fresh breeze, to me it is almost as if I am in a worship service when I feel the spring air. I feel the Lord's love for us through the beauty of the spring season. My spirit is alert, and I have really great conversations with the Lord just sitting or walking in the spring air.
But,,this year I am "resting" in the winter. I am finding that for me this season of winter has been a needed time of resting in the Lord, pulling away with the Lord. I think we or I can get too cluttered, too many concerns, relationships, all good stuff, but it can be distracting from the solid time with the Lord. Winter has given me time to refocus, pull myself in, in a sense.
So, I don't know if this makes sense, But winter for me has come this year as a regrouping, refilling, refocusing time. And a time of rest. I must have needed the rest.
I now have a new appreciation for winter and how the Lord uses season, literally, seasons of nature to speak to us, minister us and move us forward.
But oh...I can't wait for spring! Can't wait to go shop for flowers, hanging baskets, one of my most favorite things to do. This year I am already thinking of a serious herb garden!
I originally started this post sharing my struggle to accept the truth my children are growing, and trully the days of them here as in the past are ending. I really can't express the heart ache and sadness this has been. I know other moms know what I mean. I heard of it, listen to other women talk about it, but honestly, never conceived how very difficult it would be.
I have come through that time over the past months to a place of acceptance and trust. I still hurt and just never want this season of my life over. But I am also able to begin to picture that even tho I have loved, loved,,,LOVED the past season of being a mother with of babies, a mother of toddlers, mother of school age children. And the current season of teens becoming young adults. The Lord loves me enough to help hold my heart and fill the void.
Now my focus is to just let go of the longing for it not to end, and be the mother of prayer for my teens that I need to be. And it is going to take all I have to do that! This is time of devout intercession for my children. The teen years are fragile, wonderful and scary. The enemy of our soul realizes teens are vulnerable. But the Lord we serve is far above and able to keep them strong in Him.
I am going into this spring and summer seasons with my focus to rejoice, enjoy and be on my knees for my kids! Thankful the grieving letting go has eased up so i can do just that.
I should name my blog,
The motherhood journey,,phase 3? ...maybe
Love you my friends who take the time to read my rambling thoughts!
Love You Lord who loved me first

2 comments:

  1. I get kinda tickled that you are fretting over them leaving you because I'm wondering, "Is it really that close?" What year in school are they..surely, neither are seniors?? Are they?? But do not fret, dear Cindy, with the economy the way it is and who knows what, they may graduate from high school, go off to college and come home again!
    Love your analagy of winter.
    Enjoy and relish the moment you are in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well...they are only in 8th and 9th grade! hahahah. That is making me laugh! I need to get a grip don't I Patsy!

    ReplyDelete