Psalm 116 1-2
I love the Lord, for he heard my voice; he heard my cry for mercy.
Because he turned his ear to me, I will call on him as long as I live.

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Acceptance

My phase of transition over the last couple of weeks is acceptance.
As i begin to share what I have and am learning about this phase of motherhood, I kind of question whether it is really that note worthy to be sitting here pondering all of this and writing about it. But for me personally it has obviously been a major season in my life that has caused much seeking of the Lord, lots of talking to about any mom who will listen! and alot of joy and pain.
So, I guess it is just that, a season, and all seasons are different.
No matter how difficult or easy a season of life is, the way we walk through it, is totally dependant on how much we cling to the Lord. Some seasons, we sing and dance through, others we struggle. But if we are holding tight to the Lord in the seasons of struggle there is still much joy, peace, hope and growth!
I love the Lord,, I just have to say that again. I am so lost, empty without Him.
Back to acceptance.
That's where I have moved to. I have accepted that ,I do not want my kids to grow up {you know what I mean} , but I accept that it really is ok. I have almost mourned already, that the time of having them totally at home is coming to an end.
Instead of being sad, acceptance is letting me just be glad for that time we had. I so so loved my time with my family all tucked away under our roof for those years.
I have accepted that you just have to move with the change, and with that I am more peaceful. Still kind of teary eyed sometimes, but just ok with it.
I am glad that tho I may be alittle over the top, with my struggle to let go, I am glad I had it happen now, before they were gone..Because it has made me stay on my toes to try to capture all the moments.
I did this when they were little, because of the difficult season we had also come through of infertility. But even so, we as moms need to have constant reminders as they grow to make as much of the time we have.
Acceptance lets me hear the Lord a little clearer telling me, to pick myself up, enjoy this time and begin diving into the areas He is directing again. Kick up that prayer life, ask Him, "what next Lord?" and do it.
I already know my next blog wont be about my momma whoa's, but about having the faith to move forward in whatever area the Lord prompts us to,,that's the little pushes i am hearing from the Lord. He knows us, He knows when we need time to work through heart pains, He also knows when it is time to "walk" through those heart pains and keep going.
Now, I am walking in acceptance!

I want to also add on another note:
Have you noticed how big the sun is,,how bright the sun seems to be and how brilliant everything seems to be outside!!! I can't get over it. I know the Lord is speaking something through creation right now,, and I am asking, "What Lord, what is it your saying, because I see something!"

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful Cindy. O I can remember when your kids were little and I'd come over for coffee and they would play and play. Time goes by so fast doesn't it? You have done an AWESOME job with them. They have such a good foundation and many happy childhood memories. I know this does not make letting go any easier. Love you dear friend!

    ReplyDelete