Psalm 116 1-2
I love the Lord, for he heard my voice; he heard my cry for mercy.
Because he turned his ear to me, I will call on him as long as I live.

Friday, October 1, 2010

Fall

Another thought for today.
I wonder if any of you have seasons you are emotionally affected by. I really sense the Lord's presence in nature lately and want to just give the Lord thanks for being able to feel Him in this season of fall. I am overwelmed almost each day, even for a few moments of how crisp the air is, how bright the sun seems to shine and I just feel the Lord's ever comforting arms around me. What I really want to share though, is how amazing for me personally this is. For many, many years of my life, I battled heaviness, and deep sadness during the fall season. No matter what I did, I couldn't overcome it. The sun would shine, but unlike today, I wouldn't feel it. I would also feel dread and some fear. NOT NO MORE! Not no more. The Lord in His sweet goodness to me, delivered and healed me of the wounds that caused all that heaviness. I mean, I was even thinking of decorating with pumpkins, corn stalks ect. I have never done that. I don't mean halloween decorating, no way! But decorating with the produce the Lord gives. Pretty big statement of freedom in this life. I Love the Lord, that He has set me free and healed me. I love being able to feel Him in the fall, crisp air.

2 comments:

  1. Praise God for freedom from the oppressor. To think of all the many oppressions we have in this life and plenty that we probably aren't even aware of... and one day, when we are with him, we shall be free of all. And what you say, and you have experienced is just a shadow of what heaven will be like for us. We were created to have a spring in our step, a mind that is light not drk, and a song in our heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen! You can shout that statement from the mountain tops Patsy!

    ReplyDelete