Psalm 116 1-2
I love the Lord, for he heard my voice; he heard my cry for mercy.
Because he turned his ear to me, I will call on him as long as I live.

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Progress

A note of progress in this season of beginning to let go.{ a little,,I have to make that clear,,letting go a little..not too much!}.
First an acknowledgement of truth, letting go ever so slightly, gives our children the freedom to grow.
As in every single hard thing we go through in this journey of life, we grow. We grow in our relationship and faith in the Lord. I can see so many ways the Lord is preparing me, and helping me along the way in this season of releasing. Because it doesn't matter if someone else does or doesn't have the difficulty I am, He loves me enough to help me.
I can see His preparation in letting me know, next summer will not be the same as summer pasts. This painful enlightment he gave me this summer, hit me hard. But it allowed me to snap awake and make all those car rides back and forth cherished. That alone has blessed and strengthened my time over the last several months with the kids. It is amazing how in a matter of minutes driving to a game or practice they will just begin sharing and talking! It's a God thing and I am ever grateful for it. If the Lord had not prompted me, I may have missed some wonderful conversations with them.
Just tonight, brought me a lady in our church who shares very closely in what I am going through. So good to talk and relate. God is good, He is our helper in all times.
A large part of my progress is in just seeing and being strengthened in how the Lord is providing answers, encouragement and truth during this time of transition.
I still want a home filled with little feet running, messes needing cleaned up. But for now, I have my sweet teens here and I am going to enjoy them and trust the Lord to continue step by step releasing, strong, secure children.
That's todays lessons for me.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Cindy. Just called you... couldn't get ahold of you so I am checking your blog. I am way behind as I haven't been on here in awhile. This post made me cry. How awesome that God prompted you to cherish those car rides, summer memories and such with your children. You are a wonderful mother Cindy! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete